January 1, 2010

New Year, New You

I bid 2009 a mixed farewell and I welcome 2010 with open eyes, open arms, and an open heart!

I plan to make it my New Year's resolution to write more often -- preferably every day. I started this as a school assignment but since the class is now over (with a B, I might add!), I shall continue on for my own usage. Namely, I'd like to use this as a starting point for new vegetarians/vegans who are in the education sector, whether it be grade school or college.

Currently, I'm not feeling all that well due to a run-in with a mandolin slicer! Those things are absolutely dangerous! But I love a uniformly-made slice -- so mandolin slicer, I must put up with your danger!

(Excuse me for the overzealous exclamation points -- I'm not all there today)

Today's goings included:
  • getting up at noon with a semi-hangover
  • relishing the fact that I am loved and I am in love with the most beautiful vegan girlfriend ever
  • going to see Sherlock Holmes with said wonderful girlfriend, her mother and brother, and mother's friend
  • eating lunch/dinner at On The Border with same group of people after the movie
  • coming home to the best pups and kitties in my life
We (girlfriend and I) started our own tradition last night -- exchanging gifts to each other on New Year's at the stroke of midnight (well, after we went outside and lit sparklers, snakes, and an M-86 firecracker with a little neighbor girl and her mom). I gave her two tubs of almond body butter, a sugar scrub, bunches and bunches of GinGins, a cute box of farm animal metal cookie cutters, and a six pack of Kirin Ichiban. She gave me the fabulous books Vegan Lunch Box and Vegan Lunch Box Around The World by the awesome Jennifer McCann as well as earlier in the week, she treated us to dinner at YoHo Bistro and she took me on a much-needed trip for clothes. (sadly, I admit to wearing clothes from way back in the day..ahem..1995, anyone? heh)

All in all, so far it's been a great 2010! Let's see what else is in store for S/o/S this year. Hopefully, I'll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment